No Brake Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Brake Lights

So I bought a automatic 1989 325 ix that had a blown engine, I was able to drive it home where I parked it to perform a engine swap and a 5 speed swap
    Keep in mind the brake lights worked before the swap
    Everything went fine except I now I don't have any brake lights at all, not even the third light, but all other lights work perfectly fine.
    I have connected the terminals around the brake switch(on the pedal) and the brake lights still didn't turn on, so then I checked the fuse(black box rear driver side by the antenna) and it didn't look corroded at all.
    What is my problem, so far in my problem solving I broke my rev limiter with stupid wire cutting

could it be any of these following wires that I somehow left unconnected
    I am most suspect about the single green/blue wire I just cant figure out what it connects to
    I also cant figure out what this connecter is?is that left over from when I did the swap, or is it important, please help
    Attached Files

download your ETM http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm

first off check the fuse #6 ,then follow the circuit and check power at switch(VI/Grn),thru switch(GRN/Rd) ,then at check control relay box (GRN/Rd)and then at bulb holder assembly (GRN/YLW left ,GRN/BU right)
    Attached Files
    Angus
    88 E30M3 X2
    89 325IX
    92 R100GS/PD
    :)

Comment

mine recently quit too. i replaced the brake lite switch and still didn't work. i then adjusted the switch to the Bentley specs and everything works fine now. bentley advises that the switch be adjusted after any brake work. take a mirror and try to measure the contact while the peddle is at rest then check it against the manual.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X