Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sound only coming out of front left speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound only coming out of front left speaker?

So, I got an a4 to drive over the winter and keep my e30 in the garage. It is a 1999 with the bose sound system. P/O installed an aftermarket head unit, but it didn't have an aux port. It played through the radio just fine, all four speakers. I tried wiring in a spare sony xplod I had laying around, and after I installed it there was only sound coming out of the front left speaker, and it sounded really quiet "condensed". I figured maybe since I just rigged up the old harness to the one already in the car that may have been my problem.

I ordered a kenwood kdc-152 with a new harness and everything and wired it in and encountered the same problem. So my question is, what on earth is going on that I am only getting sound out of the front left speaker?

Did you follow any of the install threads or just copy what was there?

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Just spliced the new harness and plugged it in. I was in there taking out the first aftermarket stereo and there was a shit ton of electrical tape in there making everything feel gooey. I was trying to take it out and felt something feel like it came loose way back by the firewall, could that have done it?

Comment

If I were you, I would get the right tools to test the wiring and do it properly. Let me know if I can help, it's not that bad a job

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          If I were you, I would get the right tools to test the wiring and do it properly. Let me know if I can help, it's not that bad a job
          Thanks man, I will look into that, appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
          X