Wipers turn on when I unplug the washer motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipers turn on when I unplug the washer motor

So my wipers turn on when I unplug the washer motor. Also when both of the city lights I wired in are plugged into the sockets the wiper motor turns very slowly, without being activated. I could have sword I wired those to the radio on wire though, so I don't really know what could be happening?

Originally posted by e304me View Post
    So my wipers turn on when I unplug the washer motor. Also when both of the city lights I wired in are plugged into the sockets the wiper motor turns very slowly, without being activated. I could have sword I wired those to the radio on wire though, so I don't really know what could be happening?
    sounds like a ground issue ,what did you ground the city lights to ? possibly back feeding to the wiper control module if not grounded properly or ground itself is bad

as far as unplugging the washer pump i had a similar issue on my E30M3 when the wires at the washer pump broke (basically the same as disconnecting the pump ) and wipers came on /wouldnt stop till wire was fixed ,the switch for washer function grounds the pump and sends a ground signal to the wiper module (pin 85)to run the wipers while washers spray. can only assume the wiper module want to see voltage thru the pump windings at pin 85 to turn off wipers , so if anything affects that signal it might be causing weird wiper run issues
    Angus
    88 E30M3 X2
    89 325IX
    92 R100GS/PD
    :)

Comment

Looks like I grounded straight to the chassis

Comment

Working...
      X