Not much sound coming from front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much sound coming from front speakers

Hopefully I can describe the situation well enough to get some proper advice/explanation. Long story short I have a basic cheap pioneer set (faceplate and two pioneer speakers in the back and front). Previously I had stock speakers up front and I noticed a majority of my sound only comes from the back, however I do get a little from the front two (kick panel ones). I replaced the stock with new pioneer ones and it is pretty much the exact same. The fader helps but not very good since it kills the sound in the rear. Is it something with my wiring or possible with the radio? Sorry, not familiar with audio systems very much.

I know the cheap pioneer stuff isn't that great but I wasn't looking to spend a whole lot, just want a basic system that comes out of the front and back

First question; Did you by-pass the factory amp?
    Suspension tips here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DRTSRFR View Post
      First question; Did you by-pass the factory amp?
      I don't think his car came with an amp. I have the same model and it came with speakers front and rear and a BMW head-unit...That is why I am doing the G.A.S.
      10" sub enclosure with premium speakers housings and E34 drivers.
      E30 front speaker placement is not optimum, your ankle hears it fine though. You will have to spend a little money to have a good sounding system in the E30.

Check out the sticky "How to install a killer stereo for $500.00" Luke from German Audio Specialties has done all the research and ground work for you..for me there really is no other way to have a good sounding system in my 318is.

Stan
      Last edited by The White Guy; 01-10-2015, 12:03 PM. Reason: Add info.

Comment

Originally posted by 91318is View Post
        Hopefully I can describe the situation well enough to get some proper advice/explanation. Long story short I have a basic cheap pioneer set (faceplate and two pioneer speakers in the back and front). Previously I had stock speakers up front and I noticed a majority of my sound only comes from the back, however I do get a little from the front two (kick panel ones). I replaced the stock with new pioneer ones and it is pretty much the exact same. The fader helps but not very good since it kills the sound in the rear. Is it something with my wiring or possible with the radio? Sorry, not familiar with audio systems very much.

I know the cheap pioneer stuff isn't that great but I wasn't looking to spend a whole lot, just want a basic system that comes out of the front and back
        First, the Pioneer speakers are a huge step down. They aren't engineered to work in a BMW, they are designed to work in a Chevy or toyota...where they do just fine.

Do yourself a favor and just get a set of Premium Sound speakers, they will kick the shit out of anything you wanna pay for.

Next, the problem you are having is one that has plagued E30 (E12, E21, E28, etc) owners since BMW began putting stereos in cars: the rear drowns out the front.

That is why all BMWs after the E30 had 3 way (with a real midrange, not some BS "3 way" co-ax): the front positioning is easily drowned out, but when set up properly, sounds great.

Here is the trick: get an amp on the fronts. Either use a small 4 channel with adjustable gains, or use a 2 channel you can crank up on the fronts.

If you want any kind of help with the wiring, post what year/model the car is, there are a few variations over the years, all the wiring info you need ha been documented several times in several threads.

BTW, if you expect a "deck and speakers" system to sound "good" in an E30, dream on. Ain't gonna happen. Trust me on this, if you expect "good" sound, you will need amplifiers and a subwoofer. All modern cars that sound "good" use subwoofers, this need not be some giant thumping boomer thing, just an appropriate speaker to handle the lower frequencies properly, so the upper speakers aren't straining to make bass that they simple can't.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X