Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuse 9 (Fuel delivery, Idle speed) keeps blowing. Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse 9 (Fuel delivery, Idle speed) keeps blowing. Where to start?

I was cruising along and all of a sudden my S52 E30 jerked a bit and felt like it was running out of gas, then smoke or steam (it all happened so fast) started coming out from my dash into the cab. I immediately put the car into neutral and then the engine died. It turns over but will not start. When I turn the key, fuse 9 (Fuel delivery, Idle speed) blows immediately without even turning over the engine. I also had rats in my engine bay a month ago, but the only wire I noticed that was chewed on was a front head light that still works. It has also be rainy lately. What all is connected to fuse 9? Please help! I feel like its a needle in a haystack. Anyone experience anything like this? Thanks!

You blew the fuse to your fuel pump from a bad ground and your engine was starved of fuel. The smoke you saw was burning wire insulation most likely. Good chance the rats have chewed a lot of the wires. Water will also help cause grounds. What you should do now is find where the smoking started and look for damaged insulation. I would also inspect all the other wire insulation to avoid blowing fuses and potential fires.

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll start with searching for where the smoke originated and look for chewed wires. Will post more if something else comes up or when I manage to fix the wiring.

Comment

Working...
      X