Speaker help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker help please

Hi all, trying to get more info on getting my sound system to work/upgrading at the same time. I have an 89 non PS car, but also have an 87 IS parts car with PS. I will be putting in a new headlining prior to installing anything. My question is can I transfer the PS speakers (tweeters, foothills, and rears) and use an aftermarket amp? Or do I need the entire harness? Some input would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Yes you can transfer the speakers only, it will improve SQ tremendously

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Well awesome. Once the head unit and the PS speakers are in there should I run new wires to an amp the pre out the amp to the head unit? Or is there a better way to do it.

Comment

I guess it depends on what the long term goals are. I see you plan to use an amp at some point, so just follow the stuff in the "$500 Stereo" thread

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Well I just finished reading all of the $500 install thread and one thing popped up. It went from you explaining things to just answering questions. Lol sorry but that's what I experienced. My question for wiring is cause I saw that if you already have the PS amp in the trunk you have all the speaker wires back there already, so being that I don't have the amp in there what's the best way. My thought process was (being that once I start the process it won't move till I'm done, I have another vehicle) install the PS speakers and then run New speaker wire into the trunk as well as the remote and the ant and power and wire it to the amp then run the rcas to the head unit. Now if I'm missing something please let me know. I haven't installed a stereo in about 4 years so I know a small amount, and btw I'll be getting one of us 10" boxes, to complete it all.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X