• Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Radio Issue

Make: BMW
    Model: 325i
    Year: 1990
    Sound System: Premium w/o Fader
    Note(s): 3/4 of the speakers work on the car...I use the Stock Radio Fader to switch like the front left sound to the front right, one of the front(s) is always out with no sound.

So R3v, I cannot for the life of me figure out what or why this noise is happening. It all started when I first got the car & played music through a cassette deck.

After removing the battery to have it tested for another issue, I would get this noise for awhile and it would randomly disappear.

I have posted a video to the issue, so you can hear what I hear. I would like to solve this so I can move onto actually installing a whole new system & maybe do it like others have the right way. Installing an AMP

Thank You for your time.

edit:

I have look at trying to search for the ground to the radio & the one that is mentioned is the hood strap, but I don't even have the hood connected. Maybe another ground is messing with it....
    Last edited by HarukoE30; 02-06-2015, 09:42 PM. Reason: Edit
    Originally posted by James Crivellone
    1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Had the same exact issue in my 1990. In my case it was the head unit. Always wanted to keep the cassette, but man I wish I went aftermarket a long time ago. The sound of changing the headunit alone made a world of a difference.

All speakers worked perfectly w the new unit
    www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Thank you for the responsive reply; I'll look into a head unit tomorrow. Probably like the Pioneer models since I've always gone Alpine before. Wiring and knowing about it has always been my Achilles heel.

Comment

My stock head unit started making sounds like that over a year ago. If I turned the radio on and left the sound way down until the radio was warmed up (15-20 min) and the sound would go away. My current commute though is only 4.5 miles so I don't even turn it on anymore.

My wife got me a Blaupunkt Toronto 420BT for Christmas. So I am looking a some basic replacement speaker for it now, since the originals are all but dead.
        sigpic
        2006 330i 6 Spd Man, ZSP, CA, SG, Black ette, Burl, Sat Prep.
        ED 29 May 2006
        1990 325i, 5spd, Calypso Red, Tan

Comment

Originally posted by rogue38 View Post
          My stock head unit started making sounds like that over a year ago. If I turned the radio on and left the sound way down until the radio was warmed up (15-20 min) and the sound would go away. My current commute though is only 4.5 miles so I don't even turn it on anymore.

My wife got me a Blaupunkt Toronto 420BT for Christmas. So I am looking a some basic replacement speaker for it now, since the originals are all but dead.
          Crazy that makes some sense on the trip back from Cali where I got the car. I'm picking up a Pioneer x6700BT & see how that functions. How is she liking the HU?

Comment

I have not installed it yet. I want to get the new speakers first. Plus I want to wait for warmer weather. The garage is not really heated and I want to verify all the connections as I go, so it will take a while.
            sigpic
            2006 330i 6 Spd Man, ZSP, CA, SG, Black ette, Burl, Sat Prep.
            ED 29 May 2006
            1990 325i, 5spd, Calypso Red, Tan

Comment

Working...
            X