DASH Wiring HELP !!! I will PAY !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DASH Wiring HELP !!! I will PAY !

So heres the thing i started my resto of my 89 e30 325is, but i have lost all the pictures that i took when pulling my dash board out to pull my a/c evap unit.
    They were saved to my phone which my girlfriend ended up dropping in water.

but i can't remember where the all connectors go & to what
    i have stared putting the obvious back together but there are somethings i am unsure about

for example everything connected to the steering column
    so if anyone is in the Houston area is willing to come by my garage and help me put everything behind my dash back back together minus a/c wiring i will pay you for gas plus they help of getting it all together

or if there is an open thread on here to refer me to

Thanks PLZ HELP ME GET THIS WIRING DONE SO I CAN GET ON THE ROAD

bump

Comment

Download the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (ETM) here: http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm

It's got figures for connectors, all the wiring diagrams, wiring layout, as well as an index to tell you which connectors can be found where in the car.

Hope it helps!

Som

Comment

Oh, and this thread helps out with reading the wiring diagrams themselves: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=246732

Som

Comment

Originally posted by Som View Post
          Oh, and this thread helps out with reading the wiring diagrams themselves: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=246732

Som
          Thanks man I'm going to look through the pages and see what i can identify, hopefully i can get something together

Comment

Bump

Comment

How about you post up some pics of certain connectors so we at least have a clue which part is giving you issue.

Never fear, R3V will bail you out, just let us know where you are

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

okay here are the pics of some of the connectors
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  How about you post up some pics of certain connectors so we at least have a clue which part is giving you issue.

Never fear, R3V will bail you out, just let us know where you are
                  pics have just been uploaded

Comment

It takes for ever but if you get the wiring diagram for your car and a bunch of tags you can write on

Go through the diagram and find each wire...they are all color coded differently and even the plastic connectors are labeled on the diagram

It will take a few hours but it gets alot easier as it goes along and it is really good knowledge that will benifit you in the future
                    and just so you know by didn't change the wiring harnesses very much so there will be a few plugs disconnected

Comment

I can give you some quick feedback off the top of my head on some of those.

The big plug in "dashhelp1" is the C302 accessory connector. Brings in power (and maybe signlals, don't remember) for a bunch of the internal systems include the radio, windows, ABS, and cruise control. This connector should match up to the harness that leads to those various systems. Might be the only connector in the ETM that references the pins by letters instead of numbers. The bigger wires to this connector are the 30A wires that provide power to (I believe) the window motors and the sunroof motor, as well as the antenna and radio/amp.

The green plug in "dash4" goes to the OBC relay box (it's a black box under the left side of the dash). There's actually 2 green plugs that look alike that plug into that box.

The plug in "dash5" is the SRS (airbag) plug. Connector is C240, I believe. Mine has it, but I don't have airbags -- so it just sits there unplugged.

Not really sure about the other 2 photos. Hope that helps!

Som

Comment

Okay, I'm going to check in awhile when I get home.

Thanks a lot Som.

Comment

Bump

Comment

BUMP Still looking for someone to help me out in Houston Area ill pay ... or even if anybody knows of any shops around houston that won't charge me thousands of dollars just to put it all in working order.... let me know

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X