Location of small powered subwoofer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of small powered subwoofer

I'm looking to install a small powered subwoofer such as the Kicker Hideaway in my e30 convertible. Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions for a good location?

I tried that option as well.

There's nowhere to hide it inside the cabin. I had mine behind the driver seat.

To be honest, it does very little to enhance the dynamics when the car is running, and was basically in-perceivable while driving. I ran it for less than a month before throwing down for a luke box which is pretty incredible considering what we have to work with.
    Suspension tips here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tokky28 View Post
      I'm looking to install a small powered subwoofer such as the Kicker Hideaway in my e30 convertible. Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions for a good location?
      I wonder how many of these threads and PMs I have answered...

Almost always, I get the "but I had one in my CR-V and it was great" or "I don't want to cut up my car" or "it's too hard to install"...lots of different questions, but always the same thing.

Well, I really do wish there were more options. I wish we had room for different woofers. Wish we had room for a better enclosure, wish we had room for just anything better....but there isn't. Ain't gonna happen. You have to have something with enough wallop to overcome the road noise and lack of roof.

You also have to have something that "focuses" the energy, some form of waveguide, or you just aren't going to hear it on the road.

You chose one of the hardest cars in the world to get decent sound in. IMO, either give up now, or do something serious. There is no middle ground, sadly.

Good luck, and LMK if I can help.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
      X