Clarion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion

I have a question about the Clarion DXZ745MP.... From what I hear this is a good head unit, but how much can I expect to pay? I searched on the Clarion website and it's not there. Did they stop making it?
    Last edited by Arkangel; 06-13-2006, 02:40 PM.

There are a few forsale on ebay from the same seller. They have refurbs going for $155 buy it now, and brand new units for $170. Shipping is around $25, so you are still under $200 shipped.

RCWells and I both owned the previous model, I think it was the 835MP. It was a decent head unit, but nothing special. I personally could not stand it and wound up selling it to buy an Alpine 7894. What didn't I like about the Clarion? The removable faceplate does not fit that firmly, the nosepiece sticks out a bit too far, the display itself was not that easy to read at times and was too flashy, and the overall sound quality just wasn't there in my opinion.
    Eric Giles
    '20 M2 CS
    '04 M3
    '11 X5 35D
    '87 325is
    '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

I will agree with Eric on all counts, but add one.

I just hate the way Clarion decks automatically switch to radio when you eject the CD.

On the plus, they typically have great tracking.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hmm, thanks I appreciate it.

Comment

I bought the Clarion DXZ745MP from a guy on bimmerforums last week for 75 bucks. It does stick out a little bit, but it's only a problem for the very critical. The good thing about the unit is that you can color match or nearly color match the orange/yellow lights of the interior with the display. The faceplate itself is pretty flashy and can be sometime difficult to read in bright sunlight.

It's still a solid device. I got it because it was cheap.

Comment

I have the 745 in my car and I love it. I don't think it's very flashy at all, but then again I have all of the stupid screensavers and shit turned off. mine just displays the track and time. I really like how well it matches the illumination, as if it's oem.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Hey Ken, do you burn in Nero? Do you use CD Text? I always had issues having the deck show the text.

CD Text is the only reason I like Sony decks...they show the name first.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
              X