CM5908 repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM5908 repair?

Yes it's probably insane to want to repair a 26 year-old radio but I'd like to try. My CM5908 shows CODE and upon code entry, beeps. I've read some potential solutions to this but don't really understand what to do. Anyone here repair these, or know of a place that does? Thanks.

It's not broken, it is just "locked". Call your local dealer and give them the serial number on the radio. They will give you the code.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
      It's not broken, it is just "locked". Call your local dealer and give them the serial number on the radio. They will give you the code.
      I've already done that and have the correct code. (I also have the original code card.) I've also tried every trick on the internet with disconnecting the battery, waiting 1.25 hours, etc., etc. If I *still* get a beep when entering the code, can this unit be saved or is it toast? Thanks.

Comment

You have tried to many times and it is locked. you need to turn on your ign to "ACC" and turn on the radio so it says CODE and leave it on for at least an hour ( I have seen it take as much as 3) Put a battery charger on the car if you need to and just let it sit. after a couple of hours try the code again. If it does not work right away wait another couple of hours and try again. You only get 5 tries I believe before it locks you out for 2 hours or so.

Comment

Working...
        X