Center Console Lights Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center Console Lights Out

Gradually sorting out all of the electrical nits in the E30 (kudos to Gregg who rebuilt my main cluster and replaced speedo!). I looked thru RealOEM at diagrams. The following lights are not working:

1. Euro clock- assume I can just replace bulb in back?
    2. Passenger window switch- assume I have to replace switch?
    3. Climate Control-it looks like there is ONE bulb that lights up the panel. How much of a PITA is his to fix?

Thanks

Swen

Originally posted by Swendog View Post
    Gradually sorting out all of the electrical nits in the E30 (kudos to Gregg who rebuilt my main cluster and replaced speedo!). I looked thru RealOEM at diagrams. The following lights are not working:

1. Euro clock- assume I can just replace bulb in back?
    2. Passenger window switch- assume I have to replace switch?
    3. Climate Control-it looks like there is ONE bulb that lights up the panel. How much of a PITA is his to fix?

Thanks

Swen
    1. Euro clock bulbs are easy...just remove euro clock, take needle nose pliers to remove tiny bulb on the back (1/4 turn and it comes out)....same bulb as the cluster lights....I have some if you need

2. window switch is easy...just remove shifter boot, and pop the switch out from underneath. Great mod is the E36 window switches.....which I did, but requires some splicing & shaving down of the console switch area to fit.

3. climate control bulb(s) - if you're talking about the lights that sit behind the heater/fan knobs, it can be a pain getting that center HVAC screws back in (particularly the two lower ones by the ash tray area). My lights on the HVAC are out too, but it doesn't bother me anymore after knowing how annoying lining up those two screws are.
    www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Thanks man. I'm pretty sure I have some extra cluster bulbs. As for the E36 window switch mod, I read up on it and it looks pretty straightforward. Just not into doing it right now. Plenty of cheap used E30 switches on R3V- I'll just grab one for now. As for the HVAC lights, again, seeing that it is a PITA lining up those screws, I'll deal with it for now. I just finished doing a ton of work (front and rear suspension- Billy Sports/H&R Sports; 4-wheel OEM brake job- new rotors, reman calipers, SS lines, Stop-Tech pads; Stromung exhaust, Z3 short-shifter and shift carrier rebuild, D-Force wheels/Direzzas- and topped it off with an OLD SCHOOL Recaro LS driver seat picked up from another R3ver) on my car. I have been squirreling away parts for almost 2 years now- finally got to work on her. So sweet. In fact, since June, it's been more OFF the road than ON, so I just want to enjoy it before the crappy NJ winter sets in! Swen

Comment

Working...
      X