Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY window roll up module

Start with a window roll up module and a diagram

Next, seperate your motor wires from the trigger wires, power and ground.

Now, I prefer to twist each pair. Just chuck them in your handy screw gun and pull the trigger.

Find a suitable location for the module. I chose the space by the ECU.

This location makes for easy wire routing through the center console, down to the switches.

My test light of choice is "The Probe" but any LED style test light is going to work just fine.

Next, cut the wires to the window motors. I prefer to have the connection about 2 inches south of the switch. Makes it nice and tidy.

The window wires in my '87is are Black for "Up" and Purple for "Down"

I use normal butt connectors to splice in. As you see, all wires are the same length, so they are easy to wrap in tape.

So, now we have the trigger wires and the power wires. Find a suitable ground, pass the positive wire through the firewall near the main harness (look for those nubs you can easily snip to pass through) and deal with the trigger wires.

In my case, I am running them to the alarm/remote start module in the drivers dashboard. They close when I arm the system, adn open about 2 inches when I press the "AUX" button on my alarm.

If I disarm the system, I can make them roll all the way down...but how often would I want to do that while not in the car?

Have fun, guys!

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

I know this is a dead thread, but I remember reading another one where you and another guy discussed building a new one touch module from scratch. I'd like to get in touch with you two to help me build a diagram and understand the theory behind what trips the one touch to stay on and keeps the motor going and how the increase in voltage draw when the motor reaches its stop position kicks a relay to turn everything off.
    I'm doing some tinkering and need some helpful guidance. Thanks!

Comment

Dose any one have a copy of this with the pictures? I'd really like to do this mod but the stickyed one is really vague and this one the pics don't work.

Comment

Sorry, I no longer have the pics.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X