Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on this head unit?

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Supposedly a semi-budget audiophile deck. Pretty much every review says it's great, I'm just wondering what you guys think. Especially Luke, lol.

I mean, I'm gonna use an amp anyway, so I'm not sure how much most of the features really matter. All I know is my old Alpine wasn't that great so I'm looking for something that will sound better.
    Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
    I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
    Originally posted by kronus
    try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
    Originally posted by chadthestampede
    This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Nobody?

Nobody has an opinion on all the technical jargon listed as features?

Doc Brown 24 bit flux capacitors?

128 bit floating point cpu?

Gotta be good, right?
    Matt

I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
    try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"

Comment

cool specs and all but just doesnt fit an e30s interior styling to me.

Comment

I kind of like it, reminds me of mine (Kenwood KIV-BT900) Thing about the E30 is that its old school but it doesn't look out of place next current cars, it has a timeless design. It fits well with modern tech. My main thing is that the deck doesn't look generic like a lot of the other $150 decks out there with the calculator text. It also makes no sense to put a old deck in these cars because thats just one more thing to go out on the car. As long as the illumination colors match the rest of the cars lights your about 60% there. I am also an audiophile but as far as car audio goes I've never heard anyone really say one deck makes a system sound much better then another but i am relatively new to car audio. Ive also never heard of decks having 24bit digital to analog converters much less one talking about its master clock. Sounds very interesting ill have to do some research on it but it must sound better then what i have and my system sounds killer (Luke's recommendations) But a deck is nothing without a good amp and decent set of speakers.
        Kenwood

[IMG]IMG_6209 by Garrick g, on Flickr[/IMG]
        Last edited by Garrick2007; 01-11-2016, 10:53 PM.

Comment

PRS-80 is IMO, the best deck available today under $2000

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Should have clarified, this won't be going in an e30, so the design of it, even if not the greatest, doesn't really matter.

But if Luke says it's the best budget deck available, I'm fucking sold, lol.

Thanks! :D
            Matt

Comment

Have it. Like it. Get it.
              2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
              1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
              1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Working...
              X