SI Board Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SI Board Problem

Okay guys, last night I took out my instrument cluster according to the directions here. Everything went how it was supposed to--I replaced all my instrument lights and was all psyched about getting my SI board out to take a picture of the battery and write down some information so I could order a new battery and solder it in later.

But low and behold, the goddamn thing would not come out (and yes, I removed the one screw and plastic piece holding the SI board down). I tried for 45 minutes to get it out--pulling it straight up, wiggling it a bit; nothing worked. Eventually I put it back together to fight with it another day--my E30's my only car.

Any tips on getting the little bastard out? Other than breaking the beige plastic panel and replacing it with a junkyard IC I can't see any way to get it out. And I don't want to go to BMW and have them pull it out--I don't even think they would. Any suggestions?
    1988 325ic Automatic

Did you remove the coding plug on the front?

Comment

the coding plug shouldnt hold it that much... but it could help.

get some needle nose pliers and work out the thin side, by thin i mean only 1 inch of the board material slides in. the other is full length of the slide.

pull the long side a bbit, then pull out the thin side.. then finish the lonbg side all the way out.

good luck, its not hard.

Comment

Working...
      X