Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 CM5908 radio not taking code - no beep

Hello all,

I have a done some searching on the forums and couldn't find my answer. I am locked out of a radio I purchased and can't seem to get it working. I have obtained the code based on the serial number stamp on the back from the dealership, and tried this code after disconnecting the battery, and also leaving the car in "on" accessories mode for 1 hour with no luck.

What seems weird to me is that after I punch in my code, there is no beep. If its right or a wrong code, there is no beep.

Does this mean my keypad (radio preset dials) is not working? Or does it mean that when you are locked out, you won't even hear a beep?

It could be the radio.
    After the ignition key is removed, the red "anti-theft" LED will continuously flash.
    With key on and radio on, CODE should appear.
    Enter code. If the correct code is not entered in three successive tries , the radio will not accept entry until the radio has been left on for one hour with the ignition ON .
    If an audible beep is heard while entering the 5-digit code, STOP immediately ! Begin entering the code again, starting with the first number of the 5-digit code.
    Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jwbavalon View Post
      It could be the radio.
      After the ignition key is removed, the red "anti-theft" LED will continuously flash.
      With key on and radio on, CODE should appear.
      Enter code. If the correct code is not entered in three successive tries , the radio will not accept entry until the radio has been left on for one hour with the ignition ON .
      If an audible beep is heard while entering the 5-digit code, STOP immediately ! Begin entering the code again, starting with the first number of the 5-digit code.
      Good luck

Thanks for the tip - I don't recall my anti-theft light flashing but I will check.

Thank you also for the steps, but I don't even get an audible beep. I don't get a beep even if I push in random numbers to try and make it to beep. What does the no beep mean? I do have the word "code" appearing though

Comment

Working...
      X