A/C Switch Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Switch Problems.

I'm on my second ac switch, on both the recirculate will function properly but the ac switch will not light up or signal the compressor. Have already tried taking it apart and cleaning the contacts, did not work. Help?
    Originally Posted by Exodus
    He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

If it won't light up it might not be getting power. The best thing you can do for electrical is get a multimeter and check the leads to make sure you're getting power

First thing you could do is check the fuse that controls the A/C

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

What year is your car? There is a switch inside the panel where the sliders/levers are that goes bad over time. It was designed to not let the AC operate unless the middle or lower sliders were in the open position. Mine went bad over time. First the AC was intermittent, then wouldn't come on at all. Removing this unnecessary switch fixed it.
      I ask what year because at some point BMW realized the switch was pointless and stopped installing them. I don't know what the cutoff is though.

Comment

Working...
      X