Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me diagnose my intermittent central locking issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me diagnose my intermittent central locking issue?

Hey guys, I know central locking is a big issue on these cars, and there are helpful walkthroughs on how to fix certain issues. I'm hoping you guys can help me pin it down, so I don't just blindly start trying fixes.

This has happened to me twice, and then the next day or a few days later the central locking will magically start working again.

When I put the key in the driver's side lock, the door does not lock at all. None of the doors do, but not even the driver's door. As if there was something wrong with the driver's door lock itself. But then when I go to the trunk to lock the whole car, only the trunk locks. None of the other doors. Central locking issue.

A few days later the driver's door started locking normally again, locking all the doors.

Any ideas about why the driver's door wouldn't lock at all? Why the trunk lock didn't lock all the doors?

Do these symptoms point to any particular fix?

Did you accidentally double lock the driver's door, where you turn it a full 90 degrees then remove the key?

I had an issue where my driver's door wouldn't central lock at all, but the trunk worked fine. I got a long piece of wire and my multimeter and started checking continuity from the trunk lock to the central locking computer, then from the door jamb, and also checking voltage at the central locking computer while locking and unlocking. I figured out that part of my comp was dead, but the wires were all good so I jumped the door lock to the trunk lock pin and now everything works perfectly.

So if you're not having a physical lock issue and don't want to try a new central locking computer, a multimeter and the etm are your friends.

Comment

Working...
    X