elemental desgins eu-700's in the rear deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

elemental desgins eu-700's in the rear deck

anyone considered using these as subs. I am strongly considering using these for my subs in the rear deck. I think it will provide plenty of bass for me presonally and not take up my trunk. your thoughts?

i also have a cdt ef-8 w/ carbon basket for sale if anyone wants it. brand new never used. i tried to buy a second one and they are no longer available. paid 89.99 will take the same plus shipping.

My buddy has an eD sub. They make some great stuff (at least they did 2 years ago when he got his).

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

don't know what they are, but will they fit? Depth wise I mean.

Comment

um may take a bit of work but i am not worried about making them fit. they are 6.5 inch subs.

Comment

Don't do it. While eU700 is a great driver, it was not meant to work in infinite baffle set ups. I have a single eU700 in small (0.25ft^3) under rear seat in my e28 and it does great. It doesn't rattle the windows and sets off alarms, but it isn't something that I am looking for either. Nice a nice low end fill up. I have it crossed so it sometimes acts as a supplement to midbass.
          '96 328is
          '97 m3
          '04 zhp

Comment

Originally posted by Mless5
            Don't do it. While eU700 is a great driver, it was not meant to work in infinite baffle set ups. I have a single eU700 in small (0.25ft^3) under rear seat in my e28 and it does great. It doesn't rattle the windows and sets off alarms, but it isn't something that I am looking for either. Nice a nice low end fill up. I have it crossed so it sometimes acts as a supplement to midbass.
            their site says it works great in IB. but i've heard this a few times now. I wonder if i couldn't get them fit into the e30 kick panels - your thoughts?

Comment

Definately no. It's 6.5" with huge I'd say 5" magnet that is deep. To top things off, it has wire terminals that stick out all the way to the rim of the basket. Your best bet is to make it sit in a small sealed box: I have one under my rear seat, but I drive e28.
              '96 328is
              '97 m3
              '04 zhp

Comment

Working...
              X