What headunit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What headunit?

Ok, I've been out of the car stereo game and I need someone to tell me what decks are good these days.

-I'd like to keep it simple. No crazy screens, buttons or remotes .

-Basic eq, no internal amps, dual rca out, aux in.

-Under $200 bucks

-aaron

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain."
    R.I.P. Harry Goz aka. Captain Murphy
    "My ride, My ride, she don't beg, steal, cheat, or lie,
    My ride, My ride, and our relationship is classified."

Pioneer DEH-P5800. Great crossovers, nice navigation of WMA/MP3 disks, 3 preouts, high and low pass filters. Simple ergonomics.

Panasonic IMHO is the best sounding inexpensive decks...just make sure you get high pass filters if you want to build a small system.

JMHO, but I hate Alpine. Nothing but trouble, ugly, diffucult to use, poor reliability.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I loved alpine sound quality, but after switching to a decent kenwood unit, Im never going back. Alpines skipped alot Ive found, and Ive had about 4 different models.
      Back to my roots

Comment

I've owned several brands of head units, and the last 3 I've bought have been Alpines. I like the simple looks, very intuitive controls, clear display, and I've never had a single problem with any of them. Compared to the Sony and Clarions before, the Alpine is leaps and bounds better. Check out the Alpine 9856.

Comment

I have a 9842 (I think) Alpine HU. I would most likeley get an equally priced Panasonic- or bump it up to a DVD screen. My HU skips like a catholic school girl, and the radio recep SUCKS!

The simplicity is why I wanted it, but I think many other HUs have the Defeat option, since I have an electronic and passive crossovers...

Comment

yay for company discounts on Panasonic HUs. But until they make one with a USB connection, I sadly wont own one.

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk
              yay for company discounts on Panasonic HUs. But until they make one with a USB connection, I sadly wont own one.
              Yup. Go kick soma azz in development!

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

hey, we do OEM speakers where I work. I don't get to play with any of the high quality stuff (except for same builds of 18s... All for development purposes I swear!).
                Speaking of, if you ever have the chance to pull the system out of a SeaRay boat, I'd recommend doing so. We're putting some sweet stuff into their next model.

Comment

Working...
                X