3 way component setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 way component setup?

Looking for advice on my audio system wishes. Here's what I want for a four channel sound system for my four door:

Front - 5 1/4" and premium tweeter in stock locations, but add a mid-range custom fit in the door panel.

Back - mid range and tweeter in the door panel, and a 6"-8" woofer in the rear shelf for bass.

Sound feasible? I won't put a sub in the trunk - I don't like how it looks, I don't want to lose any trunk space, I don't care about big, deep hitting bass, and I want all sound to be directed into the cabin. I don't want to modify the front foot well area to fit a 6 3/4" component system or else I'd just do that.
    My Feedback

Interesting that you would ask this question, as I too love a proper 3 way.

Ill be using our E34 PCN and building custom dash pods to use a 2" in the dash, pointed towards the ceiling, like the E34. The staging in the E34 is extrordinary, some of the best balance of anything Ive ever heard. Ill use our standard E34 PCN, so the 5" in the kick will go from about 120Hz to about 750Hz with a 12db/oct rolloff, then the dash mid will be a 12db/oct 800Hz to a 5Khz linkwitz/riley 2nd order slope to the tweeter. The real beauty of using the OE BMW drivers is they are incredibly inefficient, so no LPads are necessary. The difference in clarity by not having to use resistors is astounding.

The little pods in the dash can be simple 1/4" MDF housings, open on the bottom, but something would have to be done about the dash vent, I use those a lot and I wouldn't want to lose them, so some creative engineering would be needed.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
    X