Indicator problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator problem

Alright so basically my front driver's indicator only works sometimes, the bulb and fuse are good. I tried pushing on the bulb while it was flashing to give it more contact and it worked fine, seems like the prong is worn, do I need a new assembly? Or is there a simple fix to it?

You need a new assembly. I had the same problem for a while I used a strip of tin foil to wedge the bulb in and push against the metal prong. It worked for a while so long as you didn't touch it or go over a ton of pot holes.

On a related note, if your blinkers don't work or make good contact the cruise control system will not engage. Weird right?
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
      You need a new assembly. I had the same problem for a while I used a strip of tin foil to wedge the bulb in and push against the metal prong. It worked for a while so long as you didn't touch it or go over a ton of pot holes.

On a related note, if your blinkers don't work or make good contact the cruise control system will not engage. Weird right?
      Very weird, never even noticed that. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X