Need help with making e36 Gauge Cluster work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with making e36 Gauge Cluster work

So when I bought my car a year ago, I bought an e30 that had no wiring in it... the guy had just cut it at the firewall, and left nothing... well I bought it as my first car, and through an m50 in it, and it runs awesome.

For all the interior wiring, bought one of those hot rod custom wiring boxes, and to make the motor run, I bought another e30 power distribution box, and that's all fine.

the problem is, I had no e30 gauge cluster that would work(had no plugs for the back of it). so when I bought the engine out of the e36, I also got the e36 gauge cluster, and plugs for the back, but ever since then, even after studying wiring diagrams for hours, there is no sign of any wiring information on how to make the e36 cluster work in my e30. I can't find any of the e30 gauge wires, and I can't find any on the e36 either...

Basically, if you have any info on any of the wiring, in either car, so that I could possibly make this work, please help me out. I'm only really concerned about making the rpm, speedo, gas, and temp gauges work, but i am open to hearing about any of the wiring for this.

Please help! It would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Working...
X