OBC doesn't register any functions requiring speed or fuel econemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC doesn't register any functions requiring speed or fuel econemy

I just bought a new LED light bar for the OBC in my 1989 325is. I found out that only the date, time, timer and temperature functions are working. I heard that a faulty speed sensor could cause this problem but it would also stop the cruise control from working, the cruise control works fine on my car. The functions not working are things like MPH, MPG, average MPG and range. When I try to use one of these functions it just comes up with ---- or 0.00. I am at a loss and any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Are all other functions working in your dash? Could be a lose connection or broken wire. DL the ETS and chase some wires.
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. All of the other dash functions are working it is just the OBC that has some some functions not working.
      P.S. I am not sure what DL and ETS mean.

Comment

Download electrical trouble shooting manuals. Then you can test where the connectors are and where the signals are coming from.
        Swanny!
        SUCKERS.

Comment

there is a green connector on the back of the cluster where a wire plugs in that sends the speed signal to the OBC. If you have cruise control you will have two of those wires. Just search "cluster green connector" and you'll see what I'm talking about

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
          X