Brake light on but all lights working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light on but all lights working

Probably a pretty easy fix but when I have my lights on it still says break lights aren't working. As you can see from photos though all lights are working would this be the break light switch causing it? Trying to figure out what it would be before I start trying things thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it only come on if the headlights are on? I'd start by cleaning the bulb sockets in the tail lights.

Comment

Yea comes on with headlights and alright upstart with that

Comment

Check the brake light switch at the pedal it might be loose or just has a problem with connection

Comment

This is a pretty common issue on these cars. Check what has been mentioned above, and add the contacts in the actual bulb housing to the list.

Comment

Dont waste your time with any of this if you have already cleaned the contacts.

The most likely issue is the connections to the check panel relay.

Take it apart and clean the connections with pipe cleaners and contact cleaner.

if you don't know where your check panel relay is, its on a bracket in front of the antenna, under the trunk liner (unless Vert, then left interior side panel)

If you dont know what contact cleaner is, go to your local auto parts store and ask, they will have it.

99% of the time, this is a quick, easy and pretty much permanent fix for this issue.

Best of luck!
            Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
            X