Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel rail wiring harness ? -- car wont start

background:
    89 325i died on interstate late last year. took it to shop, eventually traced it down to an electrical connection located beneth the intake manifold that was corroded. guy cleaned it out and it ran again.

now the same shit happens again. i found the corroded connector and unpluged then replugged and it ran for another day. now it wont start again and no matter how much i clean the connectors i cant get the car to start again.

the connection is round, about an inch diameter, with 7 pins, but the recieving end only has wires going to 6 of the holes. it looks like it runs from the fuel rail to the passenger firewall where it connects to +. i cant find this in the bentley at all.

just wondering if anybodys ran accross this problem before, or what other things i should consider checking. thanks
    The bronzit is dead

nevermind.
    i found that the recieving end has a broken wire, thats why only 6 of the holes looked like they had wires running to them.

ive got a buddy with an e30 parts car so hopefully that ones good. seems like a shitty part to replace.

i guess ill find out how good my sodering skillz really are. anybody replaced a wiring connection like that before?
    The bronzit is dead

Comment

Working...
    X