Head unit questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head unit questions

I have an 87' es with premium sound and I cannot get past the code even after leaving the radio on for an hour. Nothing happens when I type in the code just one beep then nothing. I think the head unit is toast and was wondering if you need a premium sound head unit or can you use a regular one? Or what other options I have.

Premium or not, the deck should power up if you follow the code input procedure correctly, or as you described, leave it on for an hour and try again.

I am presuming here that you are 100% certain that the code is correct, that is was never swapped out, etc. I can't tell you how many E30s (etc) I have had have the wrong code, but a quick call to the dealer got the right one for it, even ones with the "code card" still in the owners manual.

I personally have never seen a BMW deck not light up unless a) bad code or b) bad deck...so lets hope a quick call fixes it, and don't forget you need the serial number off the deck itself.

Best of luck,
    Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
    X