thinking about getting a new HU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking about getting a new HU

i was thinking about getting the pioneer deh7800 (this particular one mainly for the 16 band EQ incorporated)
    the only problem i can think of about this is that i have a sony cd changer that works with my sony HU and as far as i know there are no seperate controllers or adapters for unilink to whatever pioneer calls their controller.

does anyone know of an adapter that exists... anyone?

cough cough luke cough
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Originally posted by NC325iC
    does anyone know of an adapter that exists... anyone?
    No such thing. Never was, never will be.

2 reasons...
    1. CD changers are dead. MP3 killed them. Category sales from 10 years ago are less than 10% of what they were.
    2. Why would a manufacturer go out of their way to make another brands product work with theirs?

What you can do is find a RF controller for your Sony. Most installers have a few "spare parts" and a complete RF controller isn't too hard to find. I bet $20 would find one for you. DO NOT ask the salespeople, ask the install manager at your local stereo shops. The cable you should already have will work fine, BTW.

You can mount the control box for the changer anywhere, but inside of your ashtray would be slick as hell.

As you know, your Sony changer has 3 connections. The Uni-Bus is the odd one, and then a normal L+R. You can feed the L+R into your "AUX" just fine, and control it (the track/disk functions) with the RF modulator.

If your changer supports "CD TEXT" and you care about it, make sure the controller does too.

I am doing the same with my Kenwood, but feeding an AudioControl Four.1. I am using a MD changer, a CD changer and a satellite box on the RF controller, with remote. The Four.1 has 2 inputs, so the second one will be a DVD player that also feeds the Kenwood 8" touch screen with Navigation.

BTW, cough, cough...thanks for the props.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yeah i figured as much about cd changers vs mp3, and another reason i like the deh7800blahblah blah is because it has 2 aux inputs so i can have my changer and an mp3 player.

and the rf controller setup is what i figured id have to do, just gotta find one of those, then i can give my bro my eq (hes in desperate need of it)
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
      X