Can't get iPod to work in car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get iPod to work in car

I bought this cable to hook my ipod up to my car stereo, but it's not working right. The cable plugs into my RCA inputs on the back of my deck and go to my ipod.
    It allows me to play the ipod through the AUX setting, but it only plays very very quietly.

Did I buy the wrong cable, or did I do something wrong?

-Erik

1. I ASSUME you tried turning up the volume on the 'pod?
    2. What brand deck? Pioneer has a feature in the menu called "V-OFFSET" which adjusts the volume of different sources...since I have no clue what deck you have, I can't help there.

GL, HTH,
    Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

here's what i bought...

Cables and cable management solutions for Computers, HDTV, iPads, iPhones, iPods and more - USB, HDMI, DVI, 30-pin, Lightning, iPhone Chargers and Cables

second one from the top..i mention this because the headphone jack on the ipod is gonna get fucked up, well at least my started to mute out channels everynow and then. The plus with that cable that i bought, is that it connects right into the bottom therefore the jack doesn't get raped!

Oh and ss stereoinstaller said, hopefully you have the volume up on the ipod. Make sure the RCA's are plugged in nice and snug..
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
        1. I ASSUME you tried turning up the volume on the 'pod?
        2. What brand deck? Pioneer has a feature in the menu called "V-OFFSET" which adjusts the volume of different sources...since I have no clue what deck you have, I can't help there.

GL, HTH,
        Luke
        Yes, I was using the volume adjuster on the ipod. It wouldn't get up to normal volume.
        I am using a Pioneer Premier deck. I forgot the exact model name. It is a few years old though.

-Erik

Comment

OK, so go through your menu. I bet you find V-something.

Crank it up.

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
            OK, so go through your menu. I bet you find V-something.

Crank it up.

Luke
            I looked through the various menus, and didn't see any V-offset. Do you know how to get to that menu?

-Erik

Comment

Working...
            X