Right turn signal issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right turn signal issue

So my right front turn signal will not work. Rear turn does though and it blinks at at a rate about twice that of the perfectly functioning left turn signals. Parking light works on right front though so I know its not the bulb. Ideas?
    Back to my roots

it's a dual filament bulb... Replace the bulb.

Otherwise, you can check the voltages at the plug to see if it's getting power.

Comment

Change the bulb. When a bulb burns out, it causes the others to flash at a faster rate. And like netcsk, it's a double filament bulb and that is why parking lights work.

Comment

I did replace the bulb already. 1157 I believe, is that wrong?
        Back to my roots

Comment

my left does the same thing. Thats the correct bulb.
          However when it rains it works perfectly fine. Im thinking its a short where the wires pass through the front valance. looks like the sharpest point they come in contact with.
          Its annoying as shit though
          sigpic

Comment

Pull the bulb and use a test light or multimeter to see if you are geting power to either of the pins.

Could be a bad ground also, causing the turnsignal to ground through the running lights. Check that too.

Comment

Wheres the gorund for that?
              Back to my roots

Comment

happened to me once when i got water in there. dunno how it got there but replace the bulbs fixxed it for me
                Originally posted by blunt
                and remember, just because you like to suck cock, it doesnt make you gay

Comment

In that case... Try messing with the connector while the turn signal is activated. Just move the connector and wiring around from the back side to see if it does any good. If not, you can try removing the connector and checking for voltage and ground. Just need to trace down where the voltage is dropping off. If you have no voltage at the connector, try moving to the switch and checking there.

Comment

Working...
                  X