CD43 Wiring issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD43 Wiring issues

So let me start off by saying, electrical wiring isn't not my forte, but swapping my old headunit for a Cd43 seemed pretty straight forward. However now I'm running into some issues.

So the car is a 88 with premium sound. I started by removing and bypassing the factory amp. Then proceeded to follow the wiring diagram below. All of my wiring is just about identical to the diagram besides my car has two white wires (instead of one) and two brown/black wires (instead of one). It seems like having two white wires isn't an issue, from what it sounds like people just connect them and move on. And having two brown/black wires or grounds should cause any problems either.

So I'm left wondering why my HU looks like this when I power the system. This photo was taken without the key in.

I would think I have a bad ground, but maybe you e30 experts have a better idea.
    Thanks in advance.

Looks like the illumination wire for the deck is hooked up to constant power (it's the wire leading to "park light switch" on your diagram"

Connect it to the cigarette lighter ash tray bulb should work and make it dim with the dash. If that doesn't work for some reason (the deck might not like that variable signal), connect it to the power side of a parking light, that way it will only come on when your lights are on.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Awesome. Just got it working
      Thank you

Comment

Great - Did you hook it up to the ashtray bulb? If so, does it dim with the cluster light?
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

It is hooked to the ashtray bulb but it does not dim with the cluster

Comment

Working...
          X