Central Locking Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Locking Issues

Does anyone have pictures of the Red/Black wire fix post fix? I read the e30 Zone Wiki on the fix but there are no pictures and the description is kinda vague. It just says to cut the wires and connect them, but not in what order or to what wires. I have a 2 door so there are three wires I think.

-Never mind I think I found one on Google images.

If you have a pic though please share. Better to know for sure before I go cutting on wires.
    Last edited by deutschman; 09-11-2016, 02:19 PM.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Well I tried fixing my system today and I think I just made things worse. Before I messed with the red/black wires I could still work the locks from the trunk. After I messed with the wires the trunk lock doesn't work anymore. If I turn the key in the trunk clockwise the doors lock and then they automatically unlock them selves again. So that sucks.
    I also found that my drivers side lock cylinder was busted so I ordered a rebuild kit for that.

Anyone have an idea on what could be up with my central locking system? Why would the trunk lock automatically lock and unlock itself and the other doors?

Last edited by deutschman; 09-11-2016, 01:48 PM.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Looks like I am also missing my interior light delay controller. I am guessing some one has tried to mess with this system before.
      The central locking control unit looks fine though.

sigpic

Comment

The wires you need to bridge are in the door harness, but they do feed the lock module.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          The wires you need to bridge are in the door harness, but they do feed the lock module.

This is the only picture I can find that shows the wires that need to be bridged. All the other DIYs are confusing and mention two to three wires depending on model of car.
          I found a thick red/black wire that went from central locking unit > interior light relay plug > door connector, then I found another red/black wire that came from a body harness strait to the door connector. I cut both of those and connected them which resulted in the trunk lock issue in the video. I then disconnected the wires and reconnected them to where they were originally which didn't fix anything. Still have the trunk lock issue.
          sigpic

Comment

AFAIK, there is only 1 big wire, are you sure the doorlock module has power?

Got a testlight?

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              AFAIK, there is only 1 big wire, are you sure the doorlock module has power?

Got a testlight?
              Im waiting for my new electrical test tools to show up. I forgot my kit at some one's house and I don't think Ill ever get it back again.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X