Passenger mirror auto tilt function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger mirror auto tilt function

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to install a passenger mirror auto tilt function when putting trans in reverse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

I have not seen any on the forum. But there was a thread somewhere about retrofitting new things to the e30

Comment

OK - I looked into this like 10 years ago, and found it a no go - from the get go.

Yea, you can wire up a relay or something that will auto tilt the mirror down, but the trick is when you go out of reverse to position the mirror back where it was. That requires a stepper motor at least. A servo maybe, or some kind of microcontroler and a feedback loop. None of that is factory to the e30.

I don't even think you can steal that off an e46 - as the "body" computer would freak out about other things missing.

My advice? And I've spent considerable time thinking about such things....maybe more then anyone else....

An e30 isn't an e9x. Add little convinces to an e30(cough-like the stuff I make-cough!) is great - especially when they weigh less, or take less power then the OEM unit and add things like one touch windows, and dimming lights. That all makes an e30 feel more modern.

But trying to make an e30 a into Maybach, is a fools errand.

Just my 2 cents.
      Last edited by george graves; 10-09-2016, 05:07 AM.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

E34's had these and I don't think they were very complicated. I took one apart one time and it was just a regular motor if I remember correctly. I think it just travels to a limit and stops, then travels back. Should be a 3 wire hookup; reverse signal, power and ground.

Comment

Working...
        X