Radio shows "code"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio shows "code"

Hi all, my 90 e30 (stock) radio keeps showing code after sitting for a few days, the battery is good etc. After putting in the code radio works good then after a few more days "code" shows up again, any ideas thanks.

put the code in again

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
      put the code in again
      That's what you mom said.

----

Is the car sitting? Bad battery? What's the deal?
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        That's what you mom said.
        Daddy?

Comment

Maybe you forgot to tighten the terminals on the bat, it might be breaking the connection, which is resetting the stereo.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

My guess is your battery is working but maybe not working well... and the voltage drops more that you may think and the radio decides it's going to decharge it's memory. Try a battery charger, and see if it does it when charged. I bet it doesn't. Mine had a slow drain and it damaged the battery so it never put out quite the right juice again I had to get a new one. But overall low voltage can happen.

Other wise if it annoyes you - you can replace the radio but check the voltage first.

Comment

Working...
              X