Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth for original Alpine radio

Hello R3Vs,

Wanted to share this solution for wanting a stock radio, but wanting more modern functions. In my case, I like the original Alpine CM9505 radio, and had gotten a couple broken ones off ebay. I have the upgraded rear deck speakers.

What I did was get this company to upgrade my stereo - and add a discrete AUX jack to the front face. It's so small you can't even see it. "http://factoryradioservice.com/" - they do an awesome job and can fix any issues with your deck if you have any.

Then I run a small bluetooth adapter, that has a chargeable battery and runs for days. It's small. The final set up sounds great - and I can stream my iphone to my stereo - 100%. I also get nav, and radar system and other apps run over my phone. It's suprisingly well integrated. I can even use the phone as a hands free.

Take a look, it's just another way to do it without making a mess, and if I want, i can remove the bluetooth thing and stick it in my glovebox and look 100% stock.

Anyone wondering what that plaque is - is just me being a retard and geeking out over my car. No need to point it out. Just being an e30 dork.

What did they charge you for adding aux to your deck?

Comment

That's excellent. Did they give you options as to where they can mount the aux jack? I'd like mine behind the radio so it would appear 100% factory.

Originally posted by E Coded View Post
      What did they charge you for adding aux to your deck?
      Also would like to know.
      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Hey guys, yes they do either in front in the back so you can have an extension into your glovebox, etc. It's up to you. Here's the crazy thing - it sounds very good. They do this for many other makes it's not an amateur outfit.

it's not free but email them - factoryradioservice@gmail.com

I think it's about $75 for the jack and shipping it back to you.

I paid more than that because I had the tape deck and broken lights repaired. They were nice guys actually. I had them fix 2 decks, so I have a backup because I'm like that.

Comment

This is awesome, thanks for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by cirrusblue View Post
            Hey guys, yes they do either in front in the back so you can have an extension into your glovebox, etc. It's up to you. Here's the crazy thing - it sounds very good. They do this for many other makes it's not an amateur outfit.

it's not free but email them - factoryradioservice@gmail.com

I think it's about $75 for the jack and shipping it back to you.

I paid more than that because I had the tape deck and broken lights repaired. They were nice guys actually. I had them fix 2 decks, so I have a backup because I'm like that.
            How long did it take for them to fix your units? it's been about a week and he hasn't responded to my request for an update =/

Comment

He was really fast with mine, I've bought about 4 units from him. But I think it did take a week or two for them to get to it after I shipped it initially.

Comment

Hm. FedEx shows he received 9 days ago. I emailed him once asking for update two days ago but no response. I guess I can try emailing him again... maybe my unit was really damaged?

Comment

E30 Aux setup

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                  That's excellent. Did they give you options as to where they can mount the aux jack? I'd like mine behind the radio so it would appear 100% factory.

Also would like to know.

You can add one yourself easily. I did it like this on my stock tape deck using a tape adapter cord and soldered the wires to the board. Works perfectly and cost $5 for the tape adapter I bought from Walmart. You can run the cord right out the back since the wire is so small.
                  Thread here:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?p=4072454NOTE:Blue and Red (Left and Right) Wiring points in this video are INCORRECT.See proper p...

Comment

just got my unit back. I can say that the unit works perfectly and sounds amazing. The aux-in works well. For those interested, well worth the money.

Comment

Cool beans! $75 isn't pocket change - but for the "plug and play" of it, I can see that would be worth it to most people that don't like to DIY electrical things!

This would be a good business for someone like Luke(ok - maybe not luke) or BMWdad to get into.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Yeah, great for the non-DIYer. I tried to reflow some soldering points on my OBC and that went horrible. =/

Comment

Yes its not free but it looks very pro and i love mine. It sounds strong. Glad ot worked out for you.

Comment

The part i didnt say is im anal and i had burned out lights in the deck and he fixed all that and gave my cassette deck a new drive belt. I tried to fix the lights and failed. They can do anytjing.

Comment

Very nice - I might have look into this.
                              Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                              X