Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StereoInstaller1 what is your take on this? Anyone can chime in as well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StereoInstaller1 what is your take on this? Anyone can chime in as well!

I am looking to redo my setup in my car. The car has a crappy system that was in the car when I got it. I really want to step it up some and wanted to know your take on this.

I want to use the Avic N1 as a head unit. This gives me the ability to have Nav/tv/dvd/and XM radio. I have two sets of Boston Pro's from my old car that I would like to move over to the E30. As far as amps go, I have always been partial to Phoenix Gold. I would like to use something along the lines of the Phoenix Gold Titanium 400.2 for the subs and their 4 channel for the mids and highs. As far as the sub goes I do not want anything big. 1 10" sub would be plenty enough for what I would want. But what do you prefer for subs? I listen to a lot of club and rock music.

I would like your take on this set up and if you would change anything what and why.

TIA

V

PS with in budget! :)
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

OK, since you called me out, I gotta answer.

Stuck here in my own little shop, I really don't get out much. All of the product I mention is what I carry, so expect my opinion to be a bit biased.

The Phoenix of old is not the same anymore. 3 of the main guys from PG went on to form their own company http://www.exilecaraudio.com/2006/

So far, I am really impressed. Basically, same circuit design, but actaully admit they have the product made in China. PG always did, but would not admit it. Beautiful design, excellent construction...top notch!

I really like the look, too.

I liken the sound I have heard to the old "ZeroPoint" amps, like the ZPA .5.

Anyway, the rest of your gear sounds like a winner, especailly if your Bostons are older.

A single 10" is what I am running in mine, but I am going to go really old school and build a freaky-ass bandpass box. The leather in my rear seat rattles bad, and I really don't wanna spend the dough for a fold down arm rest.

As far as a woofer, everyone should know by now I prefer the bigger boom of a ported box. Most subs today prefer sealed boxes...but I use a lot of Memphis (which sound great ported or sealed) and "Strike" series Lightning audio.

In particular, I love the S.4.10.VC2, which is a HUGE summabitch. Nothing like the crap they pass off at WallyWorld.

I also am really impressed with Massive Audio woofers. http://www.massiveaudio.com/

If you could find an old Fosgate "Power" series 10" DVC, those were pretty impressive too, but they quit making them back in about 2001.

As far as the N1 goes, neat deck, great features, but not exactly the best sounding. Not shitty, mind you, just not the best. The N2 sucks, though. Will not allow screen use at speeds above 15MPH or so...based on GPS, so you can't mess with it!

Anyway, hope that helps.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
    X