Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is this mangled plug for? looks important.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this mangled plug for? looks important.

its located in the trunk.. i removed my frontmost trunk cover and found it hanging, all cut and rewired like this..

i messed with it and it my lights flashed like i just reconnected my battery,, then my car wouldnt start.. so i had to screw with my (previous owner installed) aftermarket non functional alarm wires (under the steering column) to get it to start and turn off the flashing lights.

very odd looking and i would rather have it normal.. i plan to uninstall the alarm soon too.

Any help identifying it? or what plugged into it before the hacking.?
    thanks.

...and I am GUESSING...

maybe the factory amp?
    Does your car have premium sound?

Or DID it have a factory anti-theft system?
    :wgaf:

Comment

Stock premium amp connector.

Comment

so what is the purpose of the cutting/ rewiring?

Comment

Originally posted by 87-325ic View Post
          so what is the purpose of the cutting/ rewiring?
          Ghetto-ass lazy fuck installer trying to rewire without doing any work.

Damn, I hate my fellow installers!

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

so why, when i messed with it, did my lights seem to flash like i unplugged my battery? they wouldnt stop either when i turned my key, nor my car start.
            i messed with the alarm shit under the sterering wheel, and then it started and the lights stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by 87-325ic View Post
              so why, when i messed with it, did my lights seem to flash like i unplugged my battery? they wouldnt stop either when i turned my key, nor my car start.
              i messed with the alarm shit under the sterering wheel, and then it started and the lights stopped.
              Short circuit.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Yup - remains of the plug and wires for the factory amp - which would have been bolted right up against the back trunk wall right behind the wires in the picture (you can see the white plastic monts the amp screwed into).

Check\replace your antenna grommet - there seems to be a lot of dirt and dust on the wheel well!
                Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post

Yup - remains of the plug and wires for the factory amp - which would have been bolted right up against the back trunk wall right behind the wires in the picture (you can see the white plastic monts the amp screwed into).

Check\replace your antenna grommet - there seems to be a lot of dirt and dust on the wheel well!
                  Good eye, i seethe mounts now. and the dust.

that is because that side trunk liner is missing.

new one in the mail.

Comment

might want to check the battery vent flap, They will let lots of dust in as well.

Matt
                    sigpic

Comment

thats what mine looked like before i redid my system
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                      X