Power mirror not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power mirror not working

My passenger side mirror is no longer working. I just had the car painted and the door harnesses were unplugged from the jambs and both mirrors were removed and painted separately. After putting everything back together, the passenger side mirror no longer works. It clicks when you are adjusting both the driver side mirror or when you try to adjust the passenger side mirror but it does not move. Everything else on the passenger door works (power lock and window).

I tried swapping out the motor with 2 different spares and they both do the same thing....just click when the button is pressed. I tried a spare switch too.

What else could be wrong?
    '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
    '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
    My passenger side mirror is no longer working. I just had the car painted and the door harnesses were unplugged from the jambs and both mirrors were removed and painted separately. After putting everything back together, the passenger side mirror no longer works. It clicks when you are adjusting both the driver side mirror or when you try to adjust the passenger side mirror but it does not move. Everything else on the passenger door works (power lock and window).

I tried swapping out the motor with 2 different spares and they both do the same thing....just click when the button is pressed. I tried a spare switch too.

What else could be wrong?
    Haha, same thing happened to me. Car went for paint and when I put the mirrors on the passenger side doesnt work.
    I haven't bothered to test it all with a logic probe yet.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Door pins
      Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Same thing happened to me too. The door pins were dirty or corroded or whatever. Cleaned em up with some contact cleaner (and scraped a little with a small screwdriver - and blew 2 fuses) and it was all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
          Door pins
          Originally posted by l0gistaja View Post
          Same thing happened to me too. The door pins were dirty or corroded or whatever. Cleaned em up with some contact cleaner (and scraped a little with a small screwdriver - and blew 2 fuses) and it was all good.
          You guys were right. My dad and I unplugged the door harness, sprayed it with contact cleaner, and scraped off some corrosion on one of the pins. The mirror works perfectly now! Thanks
          '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
          '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

👍
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Working...
            X