Factory Alpine CM5907 to CM5908 in an '88 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Alpine CM5907 to CM5908 in an '88 M3

I would like to return the stereo system in my '88 E30 M3 to stock OEM configuration. My car was built in 12/87 and was delivered with the premium sound option (remote Blaupunkt amp in the trunk, Bose speakers, 6 CD changer in the trunk and fader/balance switch on the dash). I believe the original head unit was an Alpine CM5907.

When I purchased the car an aftermarket head unit had been fitted, the rest of the original system remains intact and untouched. The original wiring harness in the dash has been heavily spliced into and cut for the aftermarket head install but appears to all be there.

I have sourced a nice condition with code Alpine CM5908 head unit which I believe was installed in the e30 from 1989. I would like to install this in the M3.

My question is; what changes/additions if any do I need to make to the original CM5907 wiring/plugs to get the CM5908 functioning correctly.

I'm aware of the additional brown ground wire on the CM5908 front left and right speaker plugs that the CM5907 does not have, I'm not sure where this additional ground wire runs to off the speaker plugs.

Is there any other differences additions I need to deal with?

TY

Joseph
Working...
X