Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed - Adding front premium speaker and tweeter in non-premium system wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed - Adding front premium speaker and tweeter in non-premium system wiring

Hello,

I have non-premium sound system and trying to add tweeter and front premium speaker.

Got tweeter installed to pre-wired connection, and now at the kick panel, I see few wires with different types of connectors not connected to anything.

Can someone please teach me how to connect them together?

Thank you very much!

1. Twetter connected to pre-wired connections.

2. Found these many wires & connectors behind the kick panel

3. These two connectors match the tweeter wires which are Gray/Green and Gray/Yellow

4. Paired wires - Blue/Gray and Blue/Red

5. One single Blue/Brown wire with connector

6. Two stock wires - Blue/Red and Blue/Gray connected to non-premium speaker

7. Ground lead connected to the body behind the speaker housing

Do you have an amp in the trunk? If not, that extra wiring probably goes to nothing.

Do you have premium sound speakers for the kick panel? They have a crossover built into them that runs the tweeter. Signal from the radio goes to the speaker, then the tweeter connects to the opposite side of the speaker and gets signal from the speaker through the crossover. Without it, you risk killing your tweeters as they will be receiving a full range signal.

Comment

Working...
    X