Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

central control lock and keyless entry w/ alarm

so here's the story:
    i bought a cheap alarm off ebay (yeah, i know, not the smartest thing) and honestly, i just really wanted keyless entry and some kind of anti-theft feature.
    it's an "Intelligence Car Alarm System".
    so i hooked everything up with the alarm, and it works fine. no complaints.
    however, i can't seem to figure out how to connect the keyless entry component of the alarm with my central control lock.
    here are the 6 wires that i have to play with:

orange - NO
    white - C
    yellow - NC
    orange/black - No1
    white/black - C1
    yellow/black - Nc1

so will this layout work with my e30? it's north american ('91 318is) if that makes any difference.
    i think NO means 'normally open', C means 'closed', NC means 'normally closed'. but i'm not sure on this
    any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks
    -micah

any thoughts???
    i'm desperate!

Comment

What brand/ model is it? What does the installation manual say?

A useful site is www.the12volt.com.

Comment

OK, here ya go.

A basic translation of the standard "Bosch" relay

Pin 85 = coil
        Pin 86 = coil
        Either side of the coil is interchangeable, unless a diode is used. Your "Coil" wires are internal on theis alarm. No worries, OK?

Pin 30 = Common
        Pin 87a = Normally Closed
        Pin 87 = Normally Open

So...here is what ya do:

Pull your left front speaker. Pull the two phillips screws below the plastic rain shield, pull the rain shield, pull the central lock relay and domelight control relay pack.

On your alarm, yellow and yellow/black get clipped. You will not need them.

White and white/black (likely to have a fuse) need to go to a solid ground.

This will make orange and orange/black send a ground pulse to your door lock system...on the aforementioned (BMW) module, LOCK is Yellow/Blue, UNLOCK is Green/Blue. They need a ground pulse...just like your alarm sends out!

Remember to test lock the system BEFORE you put things back together. If you want to lock your doors while open, use a screwdriver to close the latch, the lock will function normally. Don't forget to open it before you close your door!

Hope that helps.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

wow, thank you so much.
          i thought i was hooped!
          i'm gonna try this on monday, and hopefully it'll work
          thanks again, awesome support
          -micah

Comment

How'd it work out Micah? I just purchased one of these as well for the keyless entry (locks are broken aside from the trunk).

Comment

update...

hello again,
              so here's what happened.
              i hooked my white and white/black wires to ground.
              my orange/black was not sending a pulse of ground, but was always ground, so that was strange. instead, i used the yellow/black from my alarm and hooked it up to 'unlock' on my central lock unit (blue/green).
              and that works good, the locks unlock with my remote.
              however, the problem is the keyless locking function. the orange wire from my alarm is not sending out a ground pulse.
              so while i can keyless unlock, i cannot keyless lock
              make sense to anyone??
              if anyone can help me out, that'd be great.
              i'm not a praying man, but 'stereoinstaller1', if you're out there, save me! hehe
              thanks
              -micah

Comment

Working...
              X