Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas for a decent sub box incorporating a rear stress bar as the anchor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas for a decent sub box incorporating a rear stress bar as the anchor?

I know we don't REALLY need a rear stress bar - but it would be a great anchor point for a sub box.
    Anybody made a really nice setup to do this? I only plan to run a DVC single 10" and mount my amp on the underside of the rear deck, but if you did something creative post a pic - let's see what you did!

-B

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

1. Please do NOT mount your amp upside down, unless it has a fan. Heat will rise back into the amp.
    2. I had an idea that a box with a PVC tube through it, carefully designed...mount the box and the strut bar at the same time.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      1. Please do NOT mount your amp upside down, unless it has a fan. Heat will rise back into the amp.

Luke
      Never really thought about that...is it really that big an issue? I do have 2 Eclipse amps that I planned would go there - I suppose I could make a drop down out of stainless tubing to mount upright, would 1/2" clearance between the heatsinks and the tin or the rear deck be good enough?

Thanks - Ben

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

I did this in my 1997 Talon. Basically just measured the space I had available and then constrained the hight to just fit under the rear strut bar. It's a trapezoidal cross section, with a single 12" Diamond.
        "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
        -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

"I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
          -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

red x's for me - wanna try again?

Comment

pics no worky
              -Chris

Comment

Working...
              X