Is there an OBC coding plug for 318's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an OBC coding plug for 318's?

I recently installed a 13 button OBC in my 91' 318is and the readings for AVG/MPG and RANGE are way off(mpg=really low,range=too high).

The OBC came out of an 88' 325is.

Is there a difference between coding plugs for the 4cyl and 6cyl? Did the 4cyl even come stock w/ the OBC? This is my first 4cyl e30 that didn't have the OBC.

TIA
    sigpictmorinbmw
    CCA, ASE
    e30's:1 '89,1 '90 Vert,1 '91
    Originally posted by WHOOPINONYOU
    Because even people who make bad choices can still be a productive member of our society...I haven't given up on you yet homie!

yes, there's a different coding plug, I have no clue where to get it, but someone will chime in and tell you where to get it

:(^SOLD^:(

Comment

I think...

Originally posted by tmorinbmw View Post
      I recently installed a 13 button OBC in my 91' 318is and the readings for AVG/MPG and RANGE are way off(mpg=really low,range=too high).

Is there a difference between coding plugs for the 4cyl and 6cyl? Did the 4cyl even come stock w/ the OBC? This is my first 4cyl e30 that didn't have the OBC.

TIA
      ...if you ask bmwman91 he can help.

Comment

Originally posted by tmorinbmw View Post

TIA
        part number for M42 coding plug: 65 81 1 394 111

it is not a part that is usually stocked, it will probably have to come from germany. your best bet (cheapest) is probably from bma.

-mikey
        My transaction feedback thread(s):

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=292029 :up:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=329392 :up:

Comment

Thanks, inquiry submitted with BMA. :D
          sigpictmorinbmw
          CCA, ASE
          e30's:1 '89,1 '90 Vert,1 '91
          Originally posted by WHOOPINONYOU
          Because even people who make bad choices can still be a productive member of our society...I haven't given up on you yet homie!

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new on the forum, I am from Spain and I have the same problem, I need to find the coding plug for my 318i for my OBC and I canĀ“t find it (65 81 1 394 111) Can anyone help me please?

Comment

Working...
            X