Aftermarket deck wiring..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket deck wiring..

Ok, so I picked up an E30 last week, and it has the stock tape player. Well Ive got my Pioneer deck from my E36 just laying by my computer, so I wanna install it. Ive never installed a deck in my car before, so this is my first time. If its too big of a deal, and I can fuck something up, I'll just pay the $100 to have it installed. Let me know if you have any info or links for....

1) Im assuming the wires do not coincide with one another. So what goes where?
    2) which are necessary, and which arent
    3) Anything else.

Thanks in advance, Joe
    Originally posted by blunt
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Search and you will find several threads about this.

Basically, it requires re-wiring the whole car. Fairly simply job, just takes a bit of time to run all the wires.

Comment

Yeah, I saw those, thas what I was afraid of. I guess Im forking over the $100 or whatever it is to install it for me.
      Originally posted by blunt
      i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

OK, here are the basics.

There is a plug behind your lfet front speaker. 4 wires, 2 blue, 2 yellow. These are the rear speakers. From your deck, run 3 pair of speaker wiores to that left front speaker area...2 for the rear, one for left front.

Run one pair for the right front.

Easy as that.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

^^^What he said. It really isn't that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            OK, here are the basics.

There is a plug behind your lfet front speaker. 4 wires, 2 blue, 2 yellow. These are the rear speakers. From your deck, run 3 pair of speaker wiores to that left front speaker area...2 for the rear, one for left front.

Run one pair for the right front.

Easy as that.

Luke
            Yeah, not that hard. You only need to run some new speaker wire and wire up the deck.

I would be cautious about hiring someone. Many places will do a complete hack job. Make sure it's a very reputable shop.

Comment

Working...
            X