tweeters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tweeters

i have the original tweeter mounts on my door, and put in new speakers, deck, and sub. when wiring up these tweeters, can i hook it up to one of my pre outputs like i did with the sub?
    thanks in advance, Dan

What?
    I'm assuming since you just hooked your sub up to your pre-amp outputs that it's a powered sub (read: internal amplifier). Is it one of those tube ones?
    No you cant just hook preamp outputs to tweeters; they need amplification, not just signal.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

no, ive got an amp for the sub, but i ran a wire from one of the pre outputs, i have an extra amp lying around tha i can use for the tweeters, and i have another pre output on my deck, can i have the tweeters come off of that?
      Dan

Comment

Yes. I'm not sure why you would run an amp to them. The stock ITT tweeters are pieces of garbage. The deck will probably overpower them.

Comment

no, the tweeters are shot, i was going to buy new ones and figure a way to mount them since i heard they were a strange size, ill play around with it this weekend hopefully and tell ya how it goes..

Comment

I just put stock tweeters from an 'is' in my car, but there seems to be a harness missing. Are the 'i's missing tweeter harnesses?

Comment

Harnesses? There shouldn't be any. There is just a positive and negative terminal on the speaker.

Comment

I got a wiring diagram, and my car is missing a tweeter wire. Kencopperwheat, did your car come with this wire? I would imagine that only cars with premium sound got this.

Comment

I installed my own wiring for the tweeters. I actually chiseled the stock tweeter out of the pod and put nice ones in there for my audio system. I drilled a hole next to the wires for the power mirror and then ran my wire into the door. Then I ran it through the little wiring boot and into the cab of the car behind the front speaker.

Comment

Working...
                  X