Stock Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Amp

Hey guys, I have a stock amp from blaupunkt in my car and i was tryin to find out its amp out put power. Does anybopdy know and are they any good? I also was lookin at wiring another into the system and running them parallel. Has anybody done this yet and is it possible? I have about 3 and 2 wiring harnessess to do it with. I also want to put cooling fans onto their cases to keep em kool. Any info is great thanks

Power is about 12 watts per channel. If you have an early car, it is a 2 channel. Later cars (after about '90, no fader on the deck means early) have a 4 channel, still about 12 WPC. In other words, about the same power most decks make today.

You cannot run 2 amps in paralell...as in attempting to connect 2 amps to 1 pair of speakers. These amps are also not brigeable, nor do they have any kind of pre-amp input. Fans will do nothing either, as they will shut down on even a 2 ohm per channel load.

My question is this: why would anyone even attempt to make a 20 year old stock amp perform? Seems like a total waste of time to me. There are plenty of decent amps out there for under $50 at pawn shops, or even the Sony 4 channel at WallyMart for $100.

Tyler (europeanplates) has some decent Lightning Audio sub amps for sale. He has some other stuff too.

Sorry if I seem negative. I would just hate to see anyone waste time on those pooor old stock amps.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
    X