Help me plan the install...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me plan the install...

Here is what I have at the moment, or will when it arrives...

-Infinity Reference Components w/ x-overs 5.25" (75W max RMS)
    -2 Kicker RMB6 6.5" (125W max RMS)

Head Unit I am thinking of, anyone have it or have an opinion?
    Clarion DXZ535

The plan thus far:

1. Install Kickers into kickpanels, with modification of course. The hollow of the body will create a kind of box for them to kick some real bass, to the best of their ability.

2. Reference mids in the rear deck.

3. Tweeter in the sailpanels.

Two amps:

4. One HiFonics Warrior Falcon 90W x 2 for the Kickers.

5. One HiFonics Warrior Hawk 50W x 2 for the Reference mids.

Rewire everything with 14 gauge, maybe 12 for the Kickers. And of course some heavier stuff for the amps. Sound good? What about other additional crossovers? Would I need something for the Reference mids and the Kickers?

Thanks Guys! :up:

Get a decent 4 channel amp ( 40x4 at least) and run all of them off of it.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Do you think 40W is enough for the Kickers?

I was thinking they would need more, like 80 or 90.

I am thinking two amps, both HiFonics.

For the Kickers:
      Warrior Falcon 90W x 2

For the Refernence mids:
      Warrior Hawk 50W x 2

Think that would work? About the same price as a decent 4-50W amp, and gives me better power for both. Just need to map out the wiring!

Comment

I had in my 1991 318is:

4x Infinity References 605cs
        1x Alpine mrv-f407

2x Infinity perfect 12.1's
        1x Alpine mrv-1507

1x Alpine cda-7863

It rocked, till I mielted the voice coils on the perfects, I sent the subs back and I was jipped.. www.buyloud.com I was one of the people that was screwed over.

once I get some flow, I will put some W7's in and get a new alpine head unit that plays mp3s and I will be set.

Comment

Clarion DXZ535

I have the DXZ635, an let me tell you, the head unit's MANDARIN color setting PERFECTLY MATCHES THE INTERIOR LIGHTS!!!!!!
          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Re: Help me plan the install...

Originally posted by bwanac
            Here is what I have at the moment, or will when it arrives...

-Infinity Reference Components w/ x-overs 5.25" (75W max RMS)
            -2 Kicker RMB6 6.5" (125W max RMS)

Head Unit I am thinking of, anyone have it or have an opinion?
            Clarion DXZ535

The plan thus far:

1. Install Kickers into kickpanels, with modification of course. The hollow of the body will create a kind of box for them to kick some real bass, to the best of their ability.

2. Reference mids in the rear deck.

3. Tweeter in the sailpanels.

Two amps:

4. One HiFonics Warrior Falcon 90W x 2 for the Kickers.

5. One HiFonics Warrior Hawk 50W x 2 for the Reference mids.

Rewire everything with 14 gauge, maybe 12 for the Kickers. And of course some heavier stuff for the amps. Sound good? What about other additional crossovers? Would I need something for the Reference mids and the Kickers?

Thanks Guys! :up:

i have that exact deck, it kicks ass even with stock speakers :S i'll get around to posting pictures, but trust me it matches PERFECTLY.

the only down side is that it only has 4 pre outs and not 6. but you can run a sub with it and run the speakers off the deck, whats what i'll do and it should work fine.

if you need more details contact me :)
            Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

I wouldn't bother doing any modification to fit the 6.5"s up front. Leave the 5.25" components up front since the xover matches those mids with the tweeters in the a-pillar pods. Then put the kickers in the rear. 60 watts RMS @ 4 ohms will be enough for all of them.

I'd get a 4 channel amp just to make installation easier. That way you won't have to deal with distribution blocks and whatnot.
              I'd recommend this amp:

The Phoenix Gold M44. It's a MONSTER 4 channel and has fully adjustable crossovers. Anybody who has been into car audio for a while knows how nice the M series Phoenix Gold amps are.

Wattage is not directly correlated to intensity. An 80 watt per channel amp will not be twice as loud as a 40 watt per channel amp. It'd be more like 10% louder.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
                Leave the 5.25" components up front since the xover matches those mids with the tweeters in the a-pillar pods. Then put the kickers in the rear.
                that was my plan before I sold them
                BEERTECH

Comment

Wattage is not directly correlated to intensity. An 80 watt per channel amp will not be twice as loud as a 40 watt per channel amp. It'd be more like 10% louder.
                  Yeah, I know got to do with the sensitivty of the speakers too (aka resistance). Damn physics! I = V / R

So a good 4-channel amp would be good? Hmmm... this is some interesting stuff. :D

I guess I will keep searching. And planning and mapping this all out.

So you think the kickers will do good enough in the rear? and 40w is enough juice for them, i think they should be getting more! Yeah, pretty much decided on that HU, Spaz post up some pics! I dont plan on a sub anyways so I dont need that many pre-outs!

Comment

Yeah, I know got to do with the sensitivty of the speakers too (aka resistance). Damn physics! I = V / R

So a good 4-channel amp would be good? Hmmm... this is some interesting stuff. :D

I guess I will keep searching. And planning and mapping this all out.

So you think the kickers will do good enough in the rear? and 40w is enough juice for them, i think they should be getting more! Yeah, pretty much decided on that HU, Spaz post up some pics! I dont plan on a sub anyways so I dont need that many pre-outs!
                    A good 4-channel amp will save you some headaches in the future. It'll also be much easier to install and such. I'd really recommend the Phoenix Gold M44; one of the best 4-channels ever made. It probably puts out 65-80 watts per channel rms @ 4 ohms.

Comment

HiFonics Zeus ZX4400

Found one used ( or new) not to sure.

How much should I expect to pay for one. He wants 188 plus shipping but I can prob get it cheaper. Same one TJ has actually! 55w x 4 Sound like it would work right? I think I may do it if it is a good deal. ;)

Any insights?

Comment

HiFonics Zeus ZX4400

Found one used ( or new) not to sure.

How much should I expect to pay for one. He wants 188 plus shipping but I can prob get it cheaper. Same one TJ has actually! 55w x 4 Sound like it would work right? I think I may do it if it is a good deal. ;)

Any insights?
                        What are the crossovers like on the zues? You'll need an adjustable one for the rear 6.5"s. You don't want them playing full range.

Comment

"Dual high-pass crossovers variable from 60-1,200 Hz, dual low-pass crossovers variable from 30-150 Hz"

Found another one for 190 shipped. But I can prob get him to go lower! ;)

Comment

"Dual high-pass crossovers variable from 60-1,200 Hz, dual low-pass crossovers variable from 30-150 Hz"

Found another one for 190 shipped. But I can prob get him to go lower! ;)

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/HIFZX4400
                            Well you'd run the component set at full range because the xovers that came with the set will control the frequencies to each of those. However, for the 6.5s you'll want a low pass xover at about 3000Hz or so. Or you could just buy some xovers off of eBay. Or I could make you a custom one.

Comment

x-overs are no problem, I could easily make one.

Anyone know if that is a good deal on the amp? TJ?

Comment

Working...
                              X