Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant Listen to Jams - Tape Stuck - help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant Listen to Jams - Tape Stuck - help....

So my CD to tape adapter got stuck in my oem radio. Tried to pry it out but failed... miserably.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I can get it out safely?

I need my music...

thanks,
    -alex

buy a new deck
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6 View Post
      buy a new deck
      Im trying to avoid that right now. I'm just looking for a quick solution.

Comment

you are going to mutilate the tape getting it out. the tape portion is broken, so after getting the tape out you can only listen to the radio. i have had the same problem and heard about it from many other owners
        sigpic

Comment

yea, I'm expecting that it wont play tapes anymore. but at this point the radio is better that dead air. haha

Comment

tear it out then. :(
            sigpic

Comment

when i did it i used a flathead screwdriver and pliers. get the screwdriver under the tape and pull hard with the pliers
              sigpic

Comment

cd tape adapters are so ghetto! you can get a nice pioneer deck for under $200!

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI View Post
                  +1

Even a cheap Alpine like a CDA-9847. I got mine for $200 with state tax. It has switchable color illumination, so it matched fairly well based on the floor demo. Mine's still in the box, until I get the car running.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI View Post

PFFF My tape adapter was 5 dollars at wally world... I rock my ipod on my "upgraded" stereo in my eta. early 90s Alpine speakers and Pioneer tapedeck with a removable faceplate (ballin')....
                    :: PNW Crew ::
                    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I don't know what your bigger prolbem is - the fact that your tape is stuck - OR - you still call your music "JAMS".....

Nice sig BTW.

Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                        PFFF My tape adapter was 5 dollars at wally world... I rock my ipod on my "upgraded" stereo in my eta. early 90s Alpine speakers and Pioneer tapedeck with a removable faceplate (ballin')....
                        wheres that "HAR HAR" graphic when i need it, this is funny... ipod tape adapters.

mp3 = bad quality then send it through a tape adapter, lmao...oh well you probably can't hear much when the turbo is spooling anyways.

Comment

I'm having the same problem - I have a tape stuck in the stock deck and can't get it out and don't want to mangle up the deck to the point where the cassette function no longer works.

Can I remove the deck and open it up?

And I'm fine with the stock, "Premium" sound system and running my MP3 player thru it, so I have no desire to drop extra $$$ on a new unit at this time.
                          sigpic
                          1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
                          Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
                          Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Cabrio View Post
                            I'm having the same problem - I have a tape stuck in the stock deck and can't get it out and don't want to mangle up the deck to the point where the cassette function no longer works.

Can I remove the deck and open it up?

And I'm fine with the stock, "Premium" sound system and running my MP3 player thru it, so I have no desire to drop extra $$$ on a new unit at this time.
                            Yes, and please do. Don't try jamming and prying things into the deck. Carefully take it out and open it up. It's a ridiculously simple mechanical motor and electromagnetic tape head. That's it, so you can't really fudge it up when you crack it open. Well, when I say "crack", I really mean "gently open up". hehe

"If I were filthy rich I'd still drive my E30."

Comment

Did you try pulling on the wire a bit as you hit eject? Maybe it is just stuck a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X