help! AM radio install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help! AM radio install help

i baught an alpine headunit model number cda 9833. I currently have the stock non-premium audio in my car. i need to verify a few questions about rewiring my system. i have a general idea where the speaker wires go to, i believe 6 to the left and 2 to the right.(those are wires from my am hd). correct me if im wrong but the stock radio has 4 wires total. to my knowledge the rear left/right connects to the left front speaker and that runs to the radio as 1 channel. 2nd channel is coming from the right front speaker. so basically its hooked up as a 2 channel system right now. correct? im not to familiar as this is my first car experimenting with the sound system. now the best way to get this done is to run individual wires from the front left panel to the AM HD yes? (about 6 wires all together). i would have to cut the wires that run from the rear speakers and tap them to new wires to run to the hd. this is my understanding so let me know if im missing anything now i need to know where the best place to tap the other wires to the car. thanks in advance!

#1 yellow battery lead
    #2 black ground lead
    #3 blue with white strip remote turn-on lead
    #4 blue power antenna lead
    #5 orange illumination
    #6 pink with black strip audio interrupt in lead
    #7 red switch power (ignition) lead
Working...
X