Subwoofer box mounting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subwoofer box mounting question

I have a box made for 2 10" subs and want to mount it in my trunk. How do you guys suggest that I mount it so it won't move around in the trunk when I drive? How do you guys do it?
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

I just made mine tall enough to wedge underneath the rear speaker cutout. Never has moved in all the driving I do.

Otherwise, you can get a big piece of self adhesive velcro like they sell at walmart and put the "hook" side on the bottom of the enclosure.

Comment

Great idea. Thanks.... I assume that the carpet acts like the other side of the velcro. I'll give that try. thanks alot
      Recent Rebranding!!
      E30 SM62/S62
      E30 M60 V8
      E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

i used terry clips i think they are called. I can take it out in under a minute

Comment

what exactly are terry clips?
          Recent Rebranding!!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

I have been drinking the cool-aid concerning StereoInstaller's fondness for sealing the sub into the cabin and fireing through the pass through. When I build the box this weekend, I am going to oversize the MDF sheet attached to the rear seat wall, and then mount 4 cleats/eyes or U bolts and cinch the box up to the seatback with either nylon cam straps or rubber bungee cords. I am going to take pics as I build..assuming I can make the box it should go well.

Comment

3 DEAD HOOKERS!

Hahahaha.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by IHateUserNames View Post
                I have been drinking the cool-aid concerning StereoInstaller's fondness for sealing the sub into the cabin and fireing through the pass through. When I build the box this weekend, I am going to oversize the MDF sheet attached to the rear seat wall, and then mount 4 cleats/eyes or U bolts and cinch the box up to the seatback with either nylon cam straps or rubber bungee cords. I am going to take pics as I build..assuming I can make the box it should go well.
                I used bolts with large washers and threaded inserts in the MDF. Came through behind the rear seat upright and pulled the board up against the firewall that way. Works pretty well, and the board is NOT going anywhere.
                John in MD - 1991 318is
                190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

Unfortunatly I will only be able to fit two dead hookers in there after the box is installed...I guess a roof rack is next.

Comment

Unfortunatly I will only be able to fit two dead hookers in there after the box is installed...I guess a roof rack is next.
                    Two will not work. Standing waves and all...

Seroiusly, guys...why not just a couple (like 6) drywall screws through the rear firewall into the box?

Luke

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I would prefer to not permantly mount the sub box into the car. I make skis as a sideline, so i'll be using the pass through for its intended purpose. Also I loath to poke new holes anywhere...that might be a problem I have to get over. I still havn't decided how to mount my cross-overs, any of them, or the amps.

Comment

I would prefer to not permantly mount the sub box into the car. I make skis as a sideline, so i'll be using the pass through for its intended purpose. Also I loath to poke new holes anywhere...that might be a problem I have to get over. I still havn't decided how to mount my cross-overs, any of them, or the amps.
                        That's why I went with bolts - there are existing holes in the wall between the trunk and the rear seat area that work very well.
                        John in MD - 1991 318is
                        190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

Working...
                        X